Top Tips for Dogs during Fireworks
Underdog's Top Five Tips to help keep your dog calm during fireworks. Dogs can be stressed an anxious around firework season as loud bangs can disturb the peace they are used to. If you find your dogs gets stressed we've put together five tips that can help ease their nervousness.
- Take your dog a long walk during the day to tire them out and reduce their stress levels.
- Create a safe space for them such as building a den, using a crate or put a large blanket over a table. This will create a nice dark space for them to feel more safe. Be sure not to lock the door or make them feel too enclosed that they can't escape.
- Stay home with your dog to make them feel more comforted and at ease. Not leaving them on their own will help to reduce anxiety levels.
- Close windows and curtains to help muffle the sound of fireworks.
- Play music, turn on the radio or watch TV are all things that can help mask the sound of bangs outside.