Underdog Pet's entire business model is built on our desire to provide great jobs, deliver a great service and make dogs happy! Heather and Mhairi’s passion to build a business together means they strive to create the atmosphere we they love to work.
We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic, caring and hard working people to join our team. What makes an Underdog stand out is their optimism. That is why we believe that optimism contributes to an Underdog member’s success AND transcends race, religion, gender, orientation, and all of the ways that make us diverse.
Dog Grooming Assistant
£ Minimum Wage
Dog Grooming Assistant Stylist
Part-Time 28.5 hours
Underdog Pets is an independent dog retailer and Award Winning, City & Guilds Qualified dog grooming salon based in Cumbernauld.
- 28.5 p/w with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
- Tuesday – Friday 10am – 4pm & Saturday 9am – 4pm (must be able to work Saturdays)
- Potential for full-time hours
- 10% staff discount off pet supplies
- Free parking
- Minimum wage plus tips
Key duties and responsibilities of the role:
- You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
- Prepping and bathing of pets, as well as clipping their nails in preparation for the Dog Groomer to carry out the required groom.
- Updating customer records.
- Calling and talking with customers about their pets.
- Processing payments and making booking appointments.
Essential Criteria / Desirable Criteria:
- You'll be reliable and organised.
- Have good communication, literacy skills and a professional manner.
- You’ll have IT Skills and have good math skills for handling cash and processing payments.
- You'll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with or handling pets in a professional grooming or pet care environment (please note that bathing and prepping your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
- Having a grooming or pet care related qualification would also be beneficial.
Email us with your CV to apply: email@example.com