Grooming Terms & Conditions
These are the terms for which a dog can be accepted to Underdog Pets:
- Under the Five Freedom Animal Health & Welfare Act 2006 a dog must protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease. I, the owner, grant permission for matted hair to be shaved off to prevent pain.
- A dogs safety and the safety of our team are of the highest importance at Underdog Pets. We reserve the right to refuse service to a dog if we deem their behaviour to pose a risk to themselves or our team
- The dog is fit and healthy. (Grooming of sick or elderly dogs is entirely at the owner’s risk. Grooming may expose underlying skin or health problems that we cannot be held liable.)
- The dog is vaccinated and up to date. An unvaccinated dog puts itself and others at risk.
- I agree that the groomer with not be held liable or responsible for any mishap caused by a non disclosure of my pets medical condition or behaviour.
- It must be clearly understood and agreed that whilst every attention is given to your dog(s) they are accepted at the owner’s risk. Our first concern if for the welfare of your dog so in the event of injury or illness a vet may be called in and unless it can clearly be shown that we are liable, all costs in connection with and in the carrying out of this instruction shall be at the owner’s expense. (We recommend dog insurance)
- Payment will be made on collection of dog. Estimates are made on an average of dog breed or type, but owner’s must be aware that some dogs may require extensive extra work and this will be charged extra. Uncollected dogs will be charged a sitting fee of £5 per 30 mins.
- As the customer I agree to my dogs photograph being taken and it being used on the underdog website/social media and for any marketing purposes.
No cancellations or changes allowed within 24 hours of the appointment. Whilst we understand that sometimes appointments have to be cancelled due to an emergency, we ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice where possible, prior to appointment cancellation, as we have a waiting list of clients that can be filled with another dog in need of a groom. On the occasion that you have missed your appointment we have been also let down by an empty appointment slot and as a small business this has a negative impact on us financially.
We reserve the right to charge a fee of £15 for appointments missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice payable prior to any future booking. Arriving 30 minutes or more late for appointments will in most cases require re-scheduling and a missed appointment fee of £15 will apply.
I, the customer. hereby agree to the stated terms and conditions for which my dog will be accepted for grooming.
If you are unhappy with the haircut: Please let us know within 24 hours. We are happy to go over the haircut for you at a time that suits on the same day or the next day or two. (We can’t fix a haircut more than three days later unless it’s just the face as the dog will not be as clean and the condition of the coat could have changed.) Dogs will not be re-bathed.