* Update Monday 23rd March *
We have taken the very difficult decision to close our grooming service temporarily. We have tried to continue to honour your loyalty and provide what we can in this uncertain time. Unfortunately with the ever developing situation we feel the time has come that the risk of this outweighs the benefit. We will of course be back up and running as soon as we are advised it is safe to reopen.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but one made with the well-being and safety of our amazing team, as well as our wonderful customers in mind.
We are so grateful to be part of such a brilliant team who have kept us going, kept morale high and continued working tirelessly while it’s been safe to do so.
We are in the process of creating some videos and content (Grooming tips) that we hope you will all find helpful, in order to care for your dogs at home until we get to welcome them back at Underdog HQ.
Until that time, thank you for your ongoing support. We hope you all and your families are keeping safe and well in this uncertain time.
We will contact everyone individually to reschedule their appointments.
Heather, Mhairi and the Underdog Team ❤️
What we’re doing to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
- Disinfecting dog lead handles
- Staying a safe distance (1 metre) from customers
- Washing hands regularly
- Cleaning surfaces
How customers can help prevent the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
- Avoid paying with cash if possible. Pay with contactless payments
- Disinfect dog lead handles
- Stay a 1 metre from staff
Infection Prevention and ControlUnderdog Pets is committed to practising safe hand hygiene.
- Nails must be short, clean and free of nail varnish. False nails are NOT acceptable.
- When washing your hands, the water you use, should be warm.
- Always wet hands before using soap.
- Wash all areas of the hand and wrists (see diagram for advice), this should take AT LEAST 20 seconds.
- Rinse hands well with running water.
- Pat hands dry & ensure that they are thoroughly dried.
Management of Influenza / Coronavirus (Covid-19) Symptoms Respiratory Hygiene / Coughing and Sneezing Etiquette:
- Cover nose and mouth with a disposable, single use, tissue when sneezing, coughing, wiping or blowing your nose.
- Dispose of used tissues in the nearest bin (or have a bag beside you to throw tissues into) immediately.
- Wash hands after coughing, sneezing, using tissues or after contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects.
- Keep hands away from your eyes and nose.We have a plentiful supply of gloves and aprons and face-masks that must be worn when interacting with customers.
For the most reliable ongoing source of information around coronavirus, please visit the NHS website - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/