Halloween is just around the corner which is the perfect time to make these Trick or Treat Halloween Dog Biscuits. Kids shouldn’t have all the fun. It’s time to #TreatThyPooch this Halloween with these wonderfully nutritious and healthy snacks. Their natural ingredients are healthy and wholesome and are a great activity to do with all the family.We used dog and bone cookie cutter shapes but why not get creative and use Halloween ones or cut out your own. Pumpkins, ghosts and witches fingers would all be fun. Once baked, leave the biscuits to cool before placing them in an airtight container. Store in a cool dark place. Make an extra batch to keep in the freezer and have them as a Christmas Treat too!
Please send us or tag us in your photos on Facebook and Instagram so we can see what spooky cookie cutter shapes you used. We'll be dressing up at Underdog Pets on Thursday 31st October too! Keep your eyes peeled on our social media to see our costumes. Happy Halloween!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, add eggs, mashed sweet potato and peanut butter.
- Keep ½ cup of flour aside. Add 1 cup of flour at a time until incorporated.
- Flour surface with remaining flour and then any extra if necessary. Knead the dough. Roll out dough to to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cookie cutter shapes as desired.
- Place on baking tray paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.